[cctbxbb] Strange segementation fault

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 08:48:27 PDT 2009

> I've compiled the cctbx from the unix sources with the build tag

> 2008_09_13_0905 on a debian testing system:

Luc's reply assumes that you have a more recent cctbx version.
This improved message only appears in versions after 2008-11-24:

Floating-point error (Python and libc call stacks above)
                This crash may be due to a problem in any imported
                Python module, including modules which are not part
                of the cctbx project. To disable the traps leading
                to this message, define these environment variables
                (e.g. assign the value 1):
                    BOOST_ADAPTBX_FPE_DEFAULT
                    BOOST_ADAPTBX_SIGNALS_DEFAULT
                This will NOT solve the problem, just mask it, but
                may allow you to proceed in case it is not critical.

Luc's instructions for customizing the floating-point traps only applies for versions
after 2009-01-29.

But setting the environment variables should also work with your version, I think.
If you want to upgrade, use cctbx version 2009_07_21_2348 from here:

http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/all.html

Ralf