[cctbxbb] spec file for cctbx rpm (on F10)

Cameron Mura cmura at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 27 15:47:39 PDT 2009

Hi all,

In case it's of interest, I've attached a spec file that works for
building a cctbx RPM on Fedora 10 (nothing really F10-specific, so may
work on other distros/releases too).

Please note that it works by playing the dangerous (and extremely ugly)
game of moving the RPM build into the system-wide tree, so it builds "in
situ" in /usr/local/cctbx instead of in the RPM default locale
(/my/rpm/BUILDROOT/usr/local/cctbx).  On the same note, the patch which
is referenced in the spec file ('cctbx_bundle_StrucBio.patch') is just a
small snippet that edits the head of 'cctbx_install_script.csh' to
explicitly control the build path (i.e., override $cwd by explicitly
setting something like 'set
install_root="/usr/local/cctbx/2009_02_15_2320"', or wherever you'd like
cctbx to live...).  Probably a much cleaner procedure would be to use
the libtbx/configure.py approach in a post-processing step; let me know
if anyone pkg's an RPM that way. :-)

Enjoy,
Cam

 Cameron Mura