[cctbxbb] iotbx::pdb and boost::unit_test::framework

Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve rwgrosse-kunstleve at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 14 13:33:26 PST 2011

Hi Jeff,
You're welcome.
A small warning: in input.cpp I'm currently using strtod(). Some platform
look at the "locale" (man locale) which can break parsing floating-point
numbers (e.g. the germans use 1,234 instead of 1.234). To avoid this, we
set LC_ALL=C in our command-line launchers (see e.g. bin/libtbx.python in
your cctbx build directory). You may have to do this in your environment,
too, if you want to support your program internationally.
After I stopped working on iotbx/pdb I wrote a Fortran conversion/emulation
tool (fable, inside cctbx) which includes a strtod() replacement. We could
use that to avoid the locale surprises.
Ralf