[cctbxbb] reflection conditions for non-standard settings

David Waterman dgwaterman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 03:38:03 PDT 2011

Thanks for the suggestions. The application is for selection of rows in a
table of reflections where particular reflections are systematically absent.
The catch is that this is in a language (R) that is "vector oriented" and is
much more efficient at applying a single subset condition (derived from the
ITvA reflection condition) over the entire table in a vectorised operation
rather than explicitly looping through and checking each hkl. Variety is the
spice of life, etc.

So, I would need absence conditions for every setting. I have all the
standard conditions already. As was suggested, it does seem like it would be
a manageable amount of work to use the change of basis operations in
syminfo.lib to figure out the mapping between h, k and l in the standard
setting with h, k, and l in other settings and adapt the absence conditions
accordingly.

I had a quick look through absences.py, but as I'm just starting out with
cctbx I need a strong coffee and a bit more time to achieve familiarity.

Best wishes

-- David