[cctbxbb] CCTBX for Debian + PATCH

Ralf Grosse-Kunstleve rwgrosse-kunstleve at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 13 10:00:30 PDT 2011

Hi Radi,

I realize this is a lot of changes I'm requesting and they are only
> suggestions, I don't wanna push anything. It's not a big deal for me to
> patch this only for my package all the time, so I wouldn't mind if you
> don't like my ideas.

Renaming all the libraries you list is fine.

My main worry is API compatibility with all those libraries. These libraries
are tiny in comparison to everything else, therefore we just compile them
from scratch. Managing compatibility with system libraries could introduce a
lot of complications eating away your time. Is the minute saving in disk
space and compilation time worth the trouble?

Ralf