[cctbxbb] Problems compiling cctbx on OS X (10.8.0)

William G. Scott wgscott at ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 3 08:53:24 PDT 2012

Hi Luc:

I don't know how to find the version of Boost, but everything else is here:

http://fennario.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/temp/everything.log

I've hidden all "third-party" stuff like /usr/local and /sw, so the only (unmodified) python is what comes with 10.8, the only compilers are those supplied with the latest Xcode, and so on.

This time I used the supplied cctbx_install_script.csh and put a -v in the shell invocation to provide verbose output.

I invoked this from zsh, from bash, and from tcsh.  Only the first of these has significant customizations, so I don't think it is my shell environment.

I can't think of anything else.  Since g++ works, I can't see how it could be anything other than clang.

Bill

William G. Scott
Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
228 Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA