[cctbxbb] Debian Package

Marcin Wojdyr wojdyr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:56:47 PDT 2012

On 30 August 2012 15:10, Radostan Riedel <raybuntu at googlemail.com> wrote:

> To package a software we need a good build system like GNU Autotools.
> How are the packages distributed? Can I download libccp4, libmmdb, libssm as
> standalone packages?

ftp://ftp.ccp4.ac.uk/opensource/
They use autotools and I hope there should be no problems with
packaging (let me know if you have any problems).

> Is there a proper versioning of the packages and so-versioning?

I've added dates to the version numbers, so it's more or less proper versioning.
Actually authors of the libraries don't have a strong need to care
about versions, because the primary distribution channel is a complete
ccp4 suite, which is versioned separately. But there are some versions
and they are always increased. SO versions are not really maintained,
just 0.0.0 in all cases.

Marcin