[cctbxbb] --enable-boost-threads flag

Jeffrey Van Voorst vanv0059 at umn.edu
Wed Oct 17 16:56:04 PDT 2012

My question is of a slightly different nature.  Specifically, what type
of "magic" is enabled by --boost-enable-threads in the latest release of
cctbx that allows the libiotbx_pdb.so library to be linked correctly to
a simple program when that linking includes the "-pthread" flag?  By
simple, I mean a program that has two lines in the main function --
reading the PDB file and constructing the hierarchy.

My goal is to try to understand the dependencies and why the simple
program would have a memory corruption when libiotbx_pdb.so was not
compiled using --boost-enable-threads.

--Jeff