[cctbxbb] building sphinx documentation

James Stroud xtald00d at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 13:37:06 PDT 2013

On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:09 PM, Richard Gildea wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> I think the cause of the incomplete documentation is down to the fact that when I run build_docs.sh I get a whole bunch of import errors for every compiled module that it tries to import. I am at a bit of a loss as to why this should be the case, as running the tests or importing modules at the command line works just fine. I have built cctbx using the system python (2.7.2) on mac os x (mountain lion).

It looks like sphinx-build is not using cctbx.python, so it has no idea from where to import the python modules. Try this

% your-favorite-editor `which sphinx-build`

And change the first line to something like

#! /path/to/cctbx.python

That line shouldn't point to the python that cctbx.python calls (i.e. the system python).

This assumes you did the following when you installed sphinx:

/path/to/cctbx.python setup.py build
/path/to/cctbx.python setup.py install

(or at least used the python called by cctbx.python in these two steps).

James