[cctbxbb] building cctbx with external boost

Marcin Wojdyr wojdyr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 10:57:51 PST 2013

On 18 December 2013 07:36, Justin Lecher <j.lecher at fz-juelich.de> wrote:
>> I'm asking because at this moment we have in CCP4 two versions of
>> boost, one in cctbx and the other for building DSSP (it uses different
>> subset of boost libs than cctbx). It would make sense to use a single
>> version for both, if possible.
>
> It makes no sense to have two version. Just fix the code in one of them.

Well, fixing the code can solve any problem, but it can be time
consuming. I was wondering if it's possible to build cctbx with
external boost without changing the code. Or what are minimal changes
needed to make it work.

BTW you have a nice collection of patches:
https://github.com/gentoo-science/sci/tree/ccp4-640/sci-libs/cctbx/files/2013.02.27.0005

Marcin