[cctbxbb] pdb shake - dihedral angles

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 20 07:46:24 PST 2013

Another alternative consists two steps:
1) randomly shake coordinates;
2) regularize geometry.

Repeating steps 1-2 with different random seed will produce different
outcomes.

Larger the shake amount and number of regularization cycles - more
different structure will be.

Also, you can force this to be local by applying 1-2 to selected atoms,
while keeping "anchors" unchanged.

If your goal is to produce a structure distorted in a realistic way,
then this should just do it. Using Cartesian dynamics is another
alternative.

Pavel