[cctbxbb] Boost Import Error

Magnus Andersson magnus.andersson at scilifelab.se
Tue Jun 3 11:33:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've installed the cctbx package from the selfextracting file found in http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/

but I run into problems when importing cctbx in my python script:

    import iotbx.pdb
  File "/Users/magnus/Downloads/cctbx_sources/iotbx/pdb/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from cctbx.array_family import flex
  File "/Users/magnus/Downloads/cctbx_sources/cctbx/array_family/flex.py", line 2, in <module>
    import scitbx.array_family.flex
  File "/Users/magnus/Downloads/cctbx_sources/scitbx/array_family/flex.py", line 2, in <module>
    import boost.optional # import dependency
ImportError: No module named boost.optional

It is flex.py that wants to import boost.optional and does not find it.

However, I find these three files:

optional.hpp		optional_fwd.hpp	optional_io.hpp

in the following directory:

/Users/magnus/Downloads/cctbx_sources/boost/boost/optional

which suggests that it's present. What am I missing here? I'm using Mac OS X Version 10.9.3 and Python2.7.

Cheers,

Magnus