[cctbxbb] Boost Import Error

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 3 17:24:17 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Magnus Andersson <
magnus.andersson at scilifelab.se> wrote:

> The problem is I have a macports python build that contains all the rest
> of the modules that I import in this script. Because cctbx is not included
> in macports I have a separate build for this. Hence I need to call my
> script as:

Just out of curiosity, what are these other modules?  Some of them may be
things we could provide in future "enhanced" bundles (which are poorly
maintained at present, but I'm working on it).  I have found it very
straightforward to install PyMOL via the cctbx.python wrapper; for other
packages it will depend on how straightforward they are to build (which
varies on Mac).

Luc's advice is of course correct, but we generally advise building CCTBX
with the Python you plan to use it with if possible.  Sometimes this means
building the whole mess from source.

-Nat