[cctbxbb] programmatic access to PDB through cctbx?

Kaushik Hatti hskaushik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 04:11:10 PDT 2015

Hello,

Sorry if this is not relevant to this mailing list.

I was wondering if there are any modules available under cctbx to query PDB
database programmatically.

There was an option to SQL-query PDBe (from here :
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/pdbe-as/pdbedatabase/ ).  But, this service has been
retired since Mar 2015.  How else could complex query on PDB possible?

An example query could be:

list of PDBid with SCOPid="1hba" and (Resolution < 2 and R/Rfree < 15/20)
or (Resolution < 3 and R/Rfree < 20/25 ) and Completeness < 95% and
structureFactorAvailability="Y"

Such a query was possible via above mentioned SQL link.  However, I am
unable to find any other means now.

Thanks in advance,
Kaushik Hatti,
Molecular Biophysics Unit,
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore, India

--
People living deeply have no fear of death - Anais Nin
Caution: I am still the dumbest person I have ever known :-)