[cctbxbb] git on BuildBot machines

Aaron Brewster asbrewster at lbl.gov
Sun Jul 26 08:34:14 PDT 2015

Moving the cctbx_project directory to cctbx_project.old forced svn to get
the latest version from scratch so buildbot at LBL has no versioning issues
like Jenkins at Diamond does.  Further, svn update on my local sources got
the latest version, so I'm inclined to agree with Markus that that's a
Jenkins issue.

I installed git on the build nodes at LBL to accommodate the changes to
bootstrap.py, however reconfig.sh still fails.  This new line from r22623
and r22626 is the culprit:

git_available = self.shell(command=['git', '--version'],
haltOnFailure=False, quiet=True, silent=True).run() == 0

While this clearly works on Jenkins, when ran by buildbot, self.shell() is
returning a buildbot shell object instead of a Builder shell object, so the
.run call fails (not implemented).

I'm out of time until this afternoon to look deeper.  I've left the build
bot server running using r22622 of bootstrap.py for now.

-Aaron