[cctbxbb] compilation issues

Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk
Mon Mar 16 09:01:32 PDT 2015

Dear David

There is some weirdness to do with how Ubuntu lay out their X-window stuff, but in this case I have a feeling the problem is more to do with it having it’s own libtool – when I was trying to make the bootstrap installer work on Ubuntu 14.4r2 I had to add the following hack:

    import os
    import platform

    # Ubuntu & Xrender - libtool is broken - replace with system one if
    # installed...

    if 'xrender' in os.path.split(os.getcwd())[-1] and \
      'Ubuntu' in platform.platform() and os.path.exists('libtool'):
      if os.path.exists(os.path.join('/', 'usr', 'bin', 'libtool')):
        self.log.write('Removing xrender libtool; replace with system\n')
        os.remove('libtool')
        os.symlink(os.path.join('/', 'usr', 'bin', 'libtool'), 'libtool')
      else:
        self.log.write('Cannot removing xrender libtool; not installed\n')

    return

Please try doing the same by hand & see if it makes the problem go away.

You may find an alternative solution is to install the dependencies on the machine through apt-get & install cctbx using the system Python

Overall this may be less painful…

best wishes Graeme