[cctbxbb] bootstrap.py build on Ubuntu

Nicholas Sauter nksauter at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 7 09:30:14 PST 2016

David,

I notice that the Pango version, 1.16.1, was released in 2007, so perhaps
it is no surprise that the latest Ubuntu does not support it.  Maybe this
calls for stepping forward the Pango version until you find one that works.
I see that the latest stable release is 1.39.

This would be valuable information for us..Billy Poon in the Phenix group
is supporting the Phenix GUI, so it might be advisable for him to update
the Pango version in the base installer.

Nick

Nicholas K. Sauter, Ph. D.
Computer Staff Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging
Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Rd., Bldg. 33R0345
Berkeley, CA 94720