[cctbxbb] rpath problem on Mac system

Billy Poon bkpoon at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 20 13:08:56 PDT 2016

Hi Haiguang,

Is it related to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable? We had an
issue with Phenix and Rosetta on 10.11. I changed the fully_buffered class
and call function in libtbx/easy_run.py to bypass SIP for OS X. Maybe there
are more places that need the fix or maybe more environment variables need
to be passed?

Also, the new macOS 10.12 seems to use randomized installation paths for
unsigned applications. I think our command-line installer will be fine, but
I'm not sure about the graphical installer that puts things in
/Applications.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging