[cctbxbb] Should we enable boost threads in bootstrap?

Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk
Wed Aug 2 22:29:38 PDT 2017

Hi Rob

For data processing we are very interested in classic threading because our calculations include the word “if” - we have looked at pushing some of the calculations which do not include if (i.e. summed area tables) and there we get clobbered by the need to push the data of GPU memory also…

Re: Python3

Well there is a question. ISTR people have looked (with some success, apparently) at building cctbx with cmake, which could be an alternative to using SCons? Ergo not a p3 blocker (other blockers may exist, ymmv etc)

Cheers Graeme

PS - any ideas how long the server outage is likely to last? Appreciate fires are a pretty good reason to take out kit. Not a problem in the UK ATM, flooding more likely :-\