[cctbxbb] How to hack at the autobuild?

Aaron Brewster asbrewster at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 14 16:53:52 PST 2017

Hi, you could fork the cctbx_project into your personal github account,
then check out the forked repository locally.  Make the changes to support
Fedora and push them back as commits to your forked repository.  Then, make
a local edit to bootstrap.py to pull from your repository.  Something like
this (lines 755-757):

# Core CCTBX repositories
# These must all provide anonymous access.
class cctbx_module(SourceModule):
  module = 'cctbx_project'
  anonymous = ['git',
               'git at github.com:cctbx-xfel/cctbx_project.git',
               'https://github.com/cctbx-xfel/cctbx_project.git',
               '
https://github.com/cctbx-xfel/cctbx_project/archive/master.zip']

(as seen in this commit)
https://github.com/cctbx-xfel/cctbx_project/commit/df22c2f4fa60f484e0ec3f115b38ff40386cabe2

You can use that edited bootstrap to test your changes.

Does that make sense?  When you are done, you can push the changes back
using a pull request from your forked repository.

-Aaron and Billy