[cctbxbb] Build error, bootstrap.py

Billy Poon bkpoon at lbl.gov
Mon Mar 20 12:38:31 PDT 2017

Hi Allan,

Your command should have installed the hdf5 dependency among the other
dependencies. The hdf5 dependency is required because there are functions
for reading image data. Was there an error in compiling HDF5? There should
be a log file in <cctbx installation directory>/base_tmp named
HDF5_install_log.

Are you using a recent version of bootstrap.py? I just tested this on macOS
10.12.3 with conda 4.3.11 and the command-line tools for Xcode 8.2.1. The
steps I followed (in a clean directory with just bootstrap.py) are,

1) conda create -n test python=2
2) source activate test
3) python bootstrap.py --with-python=`which python` --builder=cctbx
--nproc=8
4) cd build; make

The `which python` command in step 3 just returns the path for the python
in the "test" environment. Step 4 is just to make sure everything is
compiled.

Let us know if you it still does not work. Thanks!

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 7:27 AM, Allan Lyckegaard <alyckegaard at xnovotech.com