[cctbxbb] shall iotbx really depends on dxtbx?

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Fri May 26 06:38:59 PDT 2017

Hi,

iotbx/libtbx_config:

{
  "modules_required_for_use": ["cctbx", "fable", "ucif", "smtbx", "dxtbx"],
  "optional_modules": ["ccp4io", "cbflib"],
}

A search for dxtbx in the source code of iotbx does not return anything. Did I miss something? Moreover dxtbx/libtbx_config:

{
  "modules_required_for_use" : [ "iotbx" ],
}

The problem is that dxtbx pulls in HDF5 and that it fails to compiles on Windows 64 with a 64-bit Python, a configuration we need for Olex 2. If the solution was as simple as dropping the dependence of iotbx on dxtbx, that would make my day!

Thoughts?

Best wishes,

Luc Bourhis