[cctbxbb] cctbx has acquired a hidden dependency on iotbx

Aaron Brewster asbrewster at lbl.gov
Sat May 27 08:26:43 PDT 2017

Here's the commit where the dependency was introduced, back in 2013:
https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project/commit/d9821259e8aa5a3614cfba4ec51bb4d2ade39e84

Here's the cctbx dependency chain:
$ libtbx.show_module_dependencies cctbx
 cctbx depends on scitbx chiltbx
   scitbx depends on boost_adaptbx omptbx boost
     boost_adaptbx depends on tbxx
       tbxx has no libtbx_config
     omptbx depends on boost_adaptbx boost
       boost has no libtbx_config
   chiltbx has no libtbx_config

I agree with you Luc, but I'm not sure how to proceed here.  Should
map_writer be taken out of iotbx or should cctbx be made dependent on iotbx?

-Aaron