[cctbxbb] Adding more parameters to xray::scatterer for anharmonic thermal displacements

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 21 22:41:26 PDT 2018

Sounds fine to me with a caveat that perhaps this is an opportunity to
rationalize handling of ADPs in xray::scatterer. Currently we have
isotropic, anisotropic, mixture, TLS, TLS with individual isotropic
component, all scattered across different pieces of code. I have tons of
code that deal with this externally outside xray::scatterer (even
outside xray.structure !!) and that needs to be rationalized and
centralized in some way. Otherwise we might be adding to the pile of
ad-hocs. Of course that requires time to actually do it and therefore
some planning (I wouldn't be able to dive into this say today or next
week, or even next month).

Needless to say that it would be nice to have anharmonic B-factors in
phenix.refine as well when it comes to refinements at ultra-high
resolution (as well as other smart ADP restraints that smtbx has!).

All the best,
Pavel