[cctbxbb] forcing building boost_python early in SConscript

Nicholas Devenish ndevenish at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:35:04 PST 2018

Is there any real reason why we can't build boost earlier using their own
installers - e.g. as part of the base?

Baseless builds can install it the same way they install any other
dependencies. Conda can just install boost the same way it does any other
dependency.

I've always thought it strange the way we replicate the build process, It
would save a lot of time that we waste every time boost updates and having
to debug problems caused by not replicating the build properly (on linux
*and* windows).

Nick