[cctbxbb] DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Tue Dec 14 11:15:22 PST 2021

Hi Graeme,

The DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH is prepended because we want cctbx libraries
to come before any other user defined libraries when running cctbx code.
Otherwise, there is no way to guarantee that any libraries that the user
overrides in their environment will actually work with cctbx code.

Are you using conda? How did you construct your conda environment? You
should be able to use "conda install napari" in your conda_base directory
or some other conda environment that you use for building. Can you list
your environment (i.e. conda list)? And the explicit one so that it can be
reproduced (conda list -e --explicit --md5)? Also, steps to reproduce your
build would be helpful in reproducing the error.

I tested "conda install -c conda-forge napari" in my Python 3.7 conda_base
directory and the import works without any errors from cctbx.python.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging