[cctbxbb] accessing attributes of PHIL parameters

Robert Oeffner rdo20 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 16:39:56 PDT 2021

Hi,

Most likely a trivial question but if I have a PHIL object such as one
based on the string

arrayinfo_phil_str = """
selected_info {
   span = True
     .type = bool
     .short_caption = "Span"
   minmax_data = True
     .type = bool
     .short_caption = "min,max data"
}
"""

I can then get the PHIL definitions span and minmax_data as python
values like:

from libtbx.phil import parse
parse(arrayinfo_phil_str).extract().selected_info.span
parse(arrayinfo_phil_str).extract().selected_info.minmax_data

But how do I access the values of the short_caption attribute of these
definitions? Does that make sense or have not understood correctly how
PHIL works?

Thanks,

Rob

https://www.avg.com