[cctbxbb] DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 4 09:49:00 PST 2022

Hi Graeme,

Hope you had a good break! It's been cold and rainy in California which has
been good for the drought.

For napari to work in the conda environment, you do not need to set any
environment variables when building DIALS. That's how I originally followed
your instructions and was not able to reproduce the crash. I was only able
to get the error by manually setting DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH before
running bootstrap.py. The dispatcher template fix is only necessary if you
build DIALS with DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH set. A fresh environment
created from conda-list-e-napari.txt does not have
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH set when activated. Maybe the variable is from
other software you have installed?

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging