[cctbxbb] Python 3.12 release schedule

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Sat Feb 24 05:34:40 PST 2024

Hi Luc,

There are currently nightly conda packages for Python 3.12 on the
cctbx-nightly channel (https://anaconda.org/cctbx-nightly/). The nightly
tests are also run on that version (
https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project?tab=readme-ov-file#nightly-checks-of-current-release-and-nightly-builds-except-for-apple-silicon).
There is a holdup to the migration on conda-forge because the pyside2
package is not available for Python 3.12. We will move that dependency to
pyside6 (probably in a month or so) so that the migration can proceed. I
removed the GUI packages (wxpython and pyside2, wxpython Python 3.12
support is available now) from the cctbx-nightly cctbx package so that I
could build the Python 3.12 packages. Once the conda-forge package is
migrated, I can add back the GUI dependencies to our nightly builds.

If you test the nightly packages, let me know if you find any issues on
Python 3.12. Thanks!

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging