[phenixbb] conversion from h3 to r3 with phenix apps

Oganesyan, Vaheh OganesyanV at MedImmune.com
Fri Aug 10 14:43:32 PDT 2007

Todd,

Having some experience with R3/R32 your choice for rhombohedral lattice seems a bit confusing. Are you sure the angles are 90,90,90?
This might be cubic, IMHO.

Vaheh Oganesyan

-----Original Message-----
From: phenixbb-bounces at phenix-online.org [mailto:phenixbb-bounces at phenix-online.org]On Behalf Of Green, Todd
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 5:29 PM
To: phenixbb at phenix-online.org
Subject: [phenixbb] conversion from h3 to r3 with phenix apps

Hello all,

I have what i believe to be a rhombohedral crystal that has an insanely large cell with the hexagonal setting:

533.026   533.026   652.887    90.000    90.000   120.000

and a modestly large cell comparatively with the rhombohedral setting:

377 377 377 90 90 90

I should be able to easily reindex to the smaller cell in scalepack but for some reason i'm not getting it to work correctly. Rather than struggle further on a friday afternoon, i figured that i'd give a phenix app a try. i assume xtriage can do this, can someone point me in the correct direction?

thanks in advance-
Todd