[phenixbb] Question about precedence of command line parameters vs. .def file

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 14 10:53:06 PDT 2007

Hi Carsten,

the input refinement parameters and the input data (reflections and
model) are different things (in sense how they are treated, at least).

All PDB files given at input, no matter how they are specified (in
command line or in parameter file) are accumulated into one file and
then this combined model is used in refinement. It is up to the user to
not specify one file multiple times and phenix.refine enforces this by
analyzing the clashes.

As for parameters, if identical parameters are specified multiple times,
the last parameter is actually used.

Ralf may have more comments on this.

Pavel.