[phenixbb] mmtbx.twin_map_utils utility

Jorge Iulek iulek at interponta.com.br
Wed Jan 3 05:26:49 PST 2007

Hallo,

    This must be a naive question, but following  Dr. Zwart's previous post
and as I found in the web
(http://www.phenix-online.org/phenix_wiki/mmtbx.twin_map_utils)  this should
be a utility to calculate a detwinned map. I just installed phenix and
everything seemed to be fine during installation. But, where is this utility
? I cannot find it.
    Thanks,

Prof. Jorge Iulek, Ph. D.
Protein Purification and 3D Structure Determination Group
State University of Ponta Grossa
Telephone: ++ 55 - 42 - 3220-3062
Fax: ++ 55 - 42 - 3220-3262
iulek at uepg.br
iulek at interponta.com.br
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hi Brian,

There are map utilities for twinned data indeed.
mmtbx.twin_map_utils carries out refinement of the overall, anisotropic
scale, bulk solvent parameters and twin fraction. It spits out the maps
afterwards.
Unfortunately, refniement against twinned data is not yet fully implemented
in phenix.refine but we are working on that.

HTH

Peter

> i see there are map utilities for twinned data.
>
> but before i go try refinement of a twin - will phenix.refine refine
> against twinned data?
>
> if so, is alpha determined each time, thus, alpha is not specified
> in the
> .def?
>
> -bryan

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.