[phenixbb] depositing phenix-refined coordinates

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Thu Jul 5 13:37:32 PDT 2007

Hi Enrico,

> However, I would be very grateful if someone could point me to the topic
> already posted in the message below by Dr. Scott few days ago,
> exactly at:
> "a quick description for depositing phenix-refined coordinates?",
> though the full message contained very interesting points I would
> love to hear about

We don't have a dedicated deposition tool yet, sorry. But we are
actively working with the PDB on this. In the meantime, the .pdb
files produced by phenix.refine are the best starting point.

> (I also performed refinement by refmac/phenix, and observed kind of a
> similar trend for those numbers).

It may be because we are reporting mean deviations instead of
root-mean-square deviations. This is kind of an oversight on
our part and will be changed in the next version.

Ralf