[phenixbb] problems with clashes

Lari Lehtio lari.lehtio at ki.se
Sun Jul 29 11:27:12 PDT 2007

Thanks Paul,

I'm not using the latest version. I'll try it and report back if it fixes my problem. The
structures are at 2.8 and 2.5 Å (with anisotropy).

Lowering the wxc_scale improved the clashes but they are still on the worse side in comparison
to the structures at comparable resolution.

As for the rmsds, that is certainly true, but going down from say 1 degree deviation in angles
seems like over restraining to me. If you over restrain the B-factors will increase, right? The
idea of variable restaints proposed by Jaskolski et al. (PMID: 17452786) sounds really nice.
Will it be available in the next release of phenix? :P

~L~

 Lari Lehtiö
 Structural Genomics Consortium
 Medical Biochemistry & Biophysics Dept.