[phenixbb] SAD + MR

Lucas Bleicher lbleicher at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 07:13:12 PDT 2007

I have a dataset from a Cs-soaked crystal, and the
protein has a domain solved in the PDB. The problem is
that the map obtained just with the experimental
phasing is not so easily interpreted, and the domain
is just about 25% of the whole protein. Inspection of
the map generated by MR suggests that it's a good
solution, with residues fitting reasonably well on the
density.

Given the new features on Phaser 2.0, which I suppose
is included in Phenix 1.3b, can anyone suggest a
protocol to profit from both things (anomalous
scattering + good search model)?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas