[phenixbb] phenix.refine problems with my pdb

Nicholas Noinaj noinaj at uky.edu
Thu Mar 15 08:04:51 PDT 2007

matt,

>>> Number of atoms with unknown nonbonded energy type symbols: 308

just curious, did you have 308 waters?  as peter said, hard to determine exact problem without some files or examples to look at.  also phenix does a good job with water picking, in my little experience.

just one more question, when you do get the refinement to work, is your ligand(s) included with the protein model?  just no waters, right?  it wasn't completely clear from your message.  if the ligands aren't included, i recommend adding it(them) back and see if refinement works.  then if that works, try water picking within phenix.

again, best of luck.

cheers,
nick