[phenixbb] Question about restraints in individual B-factor refinement

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri May 25 09:51:26 PDT 2007

Hi Carsten,

for the refinement of b-factors there is no difference between two
options. We use the sphere b-factors restraints which are calculated
based on interatomic distances and the information about alternative
conformations is not used at that point.

However if you refine the coordinates, the difference is significant: if
you refine it as two separate residues then they will "see" each other
for non-bonded interactions term calculation and hence will be pushed apart.

Please let me know if you still have questions!
Pavel.