[phenixbb] Request for C shell script file for phenix.refine

Peter Zwart PHZwart at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 1 09:09:39 PDT 2007

Hi Partha,

> Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Its close but not completely happy yet.
> So, I generated the file as you suggested, several of the commands are
> understandable, and I can run it after modification as:
>
> $ phenix.refine <parameter.def

Loose the ' < '

> but would be easier if there is a scrip for phenix.refine as available for
> SOLVE/RESOLVE. Could you point me to the not so easy way of doing that?

I must confess that I think that the phenix.refine interface is as
easy as it gets and is a much better option than tradiaionl input
files. If you have the feeling that the parameter file is too
overwhelming in terms of number of parameters, just loose the scopes
and parameters you are not interested in: default values will be used
in those cases.

If you really want to go for keyword based input as is done in
SOLVE/RESOLVE , I recommend you  read the newsletter
http://cci.lbl.gov/publications/download/iucrcompcomm_jan2005.pdf
on the PHIL parameter file.

> One particular problem seems to be modified residues, in my case, a
> phosphothr (TPO), had to delete the phosphate and rename TPO as THR.. is
> there any wayout?

Just read in the a cif file like this

phenix.refine m.mtz m.pdb tpo.cif

or like this

phenix.refine m.def tpo.cif

or add it in the parameter file in the appropriate scope.

HTH