[phenixbb] [Spam] Re: NAG-ASN link

Jianghai Zhu jzhu at cbr.med.harvard.edu
Sun Oct 7 08:54:16 PDT 2007

Hi Ralf,

I now know what happened.  When reduce adds H atoms into the pdb
file, it finds the glycosylation bonds between NAG and ASN.  There
are two H atoms attached to the ND2 of ASN and reduce deletes the H
atom named HD21 and keeps HD22.  However, in the mon_lib_list.cif,
the library wants to delete the other H atom named HD22 and keep
HD21.  That's where this error came from.  So if I change the HD22 to
HD21, everything is fine.  If I delete HD22, it is fine too.  I have
a lot of glycans and it is very tedious to manually change HD22 to
HD21 or delete HD22 one by one in the pdb file.  Could you please fix
this?  Thanks.

Jianghai

Jianghai Zhu, Ph.D
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research