[phenixbb] wxu scale in phenix.refine

Jan Abendroth jan.abendroth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:13:43 PDT 2007

Hi all,
in the final stages of refining a structure, I would like to optimize the
restraint weights for geometry and B factors.
It seems to work fine for geometry by defining "
refinement.target_weights.wxc_scale=1.0".
However, when the respective definition for B-factors does not seem to have
an impact at all.
I tried both:
"refinement.target_weights.wxu_scale=2.0" in the parameter file or
"wxu_scale=2.0" in the command line.

The main reason why I try to fiddle around with the B-weights is that coot
gives me a whole bunch of red bars in the Temperature factor variance
analysis...

I am using phenix 1.3d (downloaded past Sunday), mac-intel-osx, osx-10.4.10

Any ideas?

Cheers
Jan