[phenixbb] MTZ file

Leo Chavas phenixhnaalas at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 26 19:03:46 PDT 2008

Dear all --

On 27 Aug 2008, at 04:37, Pavel Afonine wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand why you don't want to use your original file
> with reflections...

As a fact, I have a question to the all community... why would people
refine against reflections different that the "true" ones, e.g. the
ones obtained directly after indexing? My thought was that if one
tries to refine against, let say, modified reflections, it will
result with model bias, and "wrong" interpretation of the data. At
least, this is what I'm telling my students: ALWAYS refine against
your ORIGINAL reflections!

Am I missing something there?

Kind regards.

-- Leo --