[phenixbb] A few questions

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Wed Feb 6 11:48:18 PST 2008

Hi Chris,

thanks for the data. I'm looking at your parameters file (test2). In the
strategy keyword:

strategy = *individual_sites rigid_body *individual_adp group_adp tls \
               individual_occupancies *group_occupancies group_anomalous

I see you are using group_occupancies which means that one occupancy per
residue will be refined (unless you provide your own selections to
define the groups). As I mentioned before,  group_occupancies does not
use any constraints and it is not aware of alternative conformations.
This is why in the example below the sum of occupancies is not 1.0. I
think this is not what you want to do. I will add the constrains to
group_occupancies option so you get equal occupancies within each
conformer and the sum of occupancies computed for all conformers is 1.0.

Currently, if you choose individual_occupancies then you will get the
constraints, that is the sum of occupancies for "523 SE AMSE A 32" and
"530 SE BMSE A 32" will be one, but the occupancies for atoms within
each conformer will be different, which is, as Paul correctly pointed
out, not 100% right.

I will keep you posted about the progress.

Pavel.