[phenixbb] Phenix.refine Questions

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Thu Feb 21 14:03:15 PST 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Mary Fitzgerald wrote:

> First, I have a hopefully easy question.  I can't seem to figure it
> out although feel like I should be able to.  Is there a way to run a
> phenix.refine job in the background?  I tried using the & like I
> usually do and it didn't work.  It would be nice to start a job and
> go home without leaving myself logged into the computer.  I didn't
> see anything in the documentation which makes me think I'm being dull.

screen is a personal favorite. screen phenix.refine file.sca
model.pdb  then CTRL A-D to disconnect, logout. You could use screen -
r to resume, but by the time you login again the job will probably be
done. screen is installed by default on OS X.

FR

Francis Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D

8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D