[phenixbb] iotbx.shelx.from_ins

Foelker, Andrew Andrew.Foelker at bruker-axs.com
Thu Jan 10 09:46:23 PST 2008

Hi Ralf

The reason that I was receiving the exception was that the continuation
lines in the .RES file were incorrect.  Luc Bourhis noted that "if a
line finishes with
"=", then the next line must start with a whitespace for the
continuation to be valid. There are no such whitespaces in your file."
Passing the from_ins function a "clean" .RES file fixed the problem as I
am now able to render the atoms.

As a side question, how would I get bond data from the structure
returned from the from_ins function so as to be able to render the bonds
between the atoms?

Thanks and Regards,
Andrew Foelker