[phenixbb] effect of solvent fraction on density modification/solvent flattening for a membrane protein

Jens Preben Morth jpm at mb.au.dk
Sun Jun 8 07:04:28 PDT 2008

Dear Pascal

In our experience it was important to slowly extent the phases with
the keyword res_start 7.0 and s_step 0.02 during density modification
in resolve, expecially with the combined model experimental phases. In
case you have a native dataset with no Se, I would consider using it
too, to get som isomorphous phase information, even if it is only 5-6
Angstroem, and maybe leaving out the peak dataset. In our case with
Ta6Br12 the peak dataset was good for finding the sites, but we used
the high energy remote for refining the sites and final phasing. We
suspect this could have to do with introduced radiation damage in the
peak dataset.

good luck
Preben