[phenixbb] Switching refinement to higher resolution

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Thu Jun 19 10:00:58 PDT 2008

Hi Francis,

> Is it necessary to rebuild Python when I already have 2.5.2 from fink?
> import cStringIO using the fink python works just fine.

You can use any existing Python installation as long as it is Python
version >= 2.2:

  cd /Users/francisreyes
  rm -rf Python-2.5.2_cci
  ./cci_apps_install_script.csh 2

This will pick the first "python" on PATH.
Or run

  ./cci_apps_install_script.csh /some/path/bin/python 2

To force the use of a specific python installation.

> ImportError: No module named _sha256
> setpaths.csh: No such file or directory.

Ouch, this is the first time I see this message on a Mac.
We bundle the Python sources because that's supposed to ensure that
the CCI Apps installation never fails ("slow but certain"). I'd like
to understand why it fails. Could you send me the output of

  /usr/bin/sw_vers

  where gcc

  gcc --version

  echo $PATH