[phenixbb] PI Position @ SGC-Oxford: Integral Membrane Proteins

Frank von Delft frank.vondelft at sgc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 04:02:13 PDT 2008

Hi, any ambitious membrane protein researchers, please read about the
vacancy below.  Thanks, phx

We are seeking a Principal Investigator to lead the Integral Membrane
Protein (IMP) group of the Structural Genomics Consortium (SGC), Oxford.

The SGC is a charity organization that includes ~200 researchers in
laboratories in the universities of Oxford, Toronto and the Karolinska
Institute.  Our goal, successfully pursued since 2004, is to solve
structures of medically relevant human proteins and deposit them
immediately in public databases.  We further exploit our target proteins
in downstream studies with special emphasis on Chemical Biology, using
both our in-house infrastructure and a network of collaborators.

In the last year, our efforts have expanded to human integral membrane
proteins.  The present PI of the IMP group is leaving, and we are
seeking a replacement with demonstrated experience and publication
record in structural biology of membrane proteins.  The IMP group
comprises ~8 people, and is additionally supported by the SGC's
extensive infrastructure, with close collaborations with molecular
biologists, crystallographers, biophysicists and informaticians in the
other groups.  Currently funded until 2011, the post offers an
unrivalled opportunity to develop a strong research program and a
reputation as a group leader.

More details are available at the following links:
    http://www.sgc.ox.ac.uk
    http://www.sgc.ox.ac.uk/jobs/H908014.html