[phenixbb] IUCr Crystallographic Computing School 2008

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Fri May 23 09:35:26 PDT 2008

          IUCr Crystallographic Computing School 2008
                  * Sharing our knowledge *
                 Kyoto, Japan,  August 18-23

    http://www.iucr.org/iucr-top/comm/ccom/kyoto2008/program.html

The IUCr Crystallographic Computing School 2008 school aims to bring
together both computational methods developers and users interested in
looking beyond the interface. The format of the school fosters exchange
of ideas via formal lectures, afternoon tutorials, coding challenges
and code comparison sessions. The world-wide crystallographic
community (including macro- and small-molecule crystallography,
powder diffraction, and small-angle scattering) is invited to an
intensive session of working together and learning from each other.

The schedule of the program is available via the web link above.
Abstracts are being added.

Thanks to support from sponsors, we have been able to keep the
registration cost (including accommodation and meals) below 70,000
YEN (ca. 430 EUR, 665 USD). The number of attendees is limited
to 80 students. For more information visit the web site above.
The registration deadline is July 25th, 2008.

Organizing committee:
A. L. Spek (Utrecht University , Netherlands)
R. Grosse-Kunstleve (LBNL, USA)
M. Yao (Hokkaido University, Japan)
A. Nakagawa (Osaka Institute of Protein, Japan)
H. Powell (MRC, UK)
L. Cranswick (NRC , Canada)