[phenixbb] R/Rfree from phenix.autobuild

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Fri Nov 28 09:24:20 PST 2008

Hi Graeme,

I agree with everything that Pavel pointed out yesterday.  I have added
below a tabulation of R/Rfree for a set of 46 structures from the PHENIX
library, solved with autosol and then built with autobuild. You will see
that your result is not unprecedented (e.g., the p9 structure), but a
slightly larger spread of 0.02 to 0.06 is more common:

R	Rfree	Resolution	structure
0.17	0.24	1.80	pen
0.17	0.22	2.80	rh-dehalogenase
0.18	0.23	2.52	flr