[phenixbb] phenix.refine v.1.3 vs 1.24

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 3 14:37:51 PDT 2008

Hi Leo,

I can't tell what exactly happens in your case. Below are a few points...

- Version 1.24 is very old and we fixed lots of problems and made many
improvements / features since that time. So, I would suggest to use
version 1.3 anyway.

- I will add an option so one can turn the automatic weights adjustment
off.

- I haven't done any systematic investigation but I've seen some cases
where ml target produced "better" results than mlhl (unexpected) and
inversely (as expected).

- Did you try to use riding hydrogens? In many cases this improves the
model geometry.

- You may also want to run an automatic weight optimization procedure.
Please note it may take a while to run (depending on model size and data
resolution).

Cheers,
Pavel.